Hey, beautiful people! Today I am going to share 5 things to know before swimming with Dolphins! My little family and I went swimming with Dolphins at The Dolphin Cay at Atlantis, Paradise Island. Honestly, it was one of the best experiences ever! It was one of the things I’ve always wanted to do. The fact that we finally got to do it makes me so happy! Prior to going, there were a few things that we were unaware of. So I would like to share with you all in case you are planning to do it soon!
- Make sure that you have your tickets printed out in advance. We booked our excursion through Royal Caribbean Cruise Line so our tickets were ready for us in our room. But if you aren’t doing it via cruise or other connects, make sure you have your tickets ready in advance. This makes the process easier and smooth for you and the workers. Also, it helps to know where you are going, what time you’re swimming with them and other details. It’s better to be prepared in advance than not to be prepared at all!
- Unfortunately, you’re not allowed to record your experience. You all know that I vlog my life and travel experiences. I was so hurt to know that I was unable to vlog my experience. I want Maddie to look back on all of the good times that we had. But in this case, she is unable to. I totally understand why because you don’t want to drop your camera in the water. Also, you don’t want to distract the Dolphins and possibly get it taken by them. Hey, things happen lol. The good news is that they have a photographer capturing everything. Know that the photo package comes in handy (which is what I’m going to talk about next). On the positive note, if you have family members near by that aren’t participating, they can record you from a distance. So bring a family member if you would like to record your experience. #lifehack lol.
- The photo package is your friend. Buy it. As stated above, there is a photographer that captures every moment and every family involved. They take tons of pictures and they are pretty great if I must say. Since we weren’t able to record, we wanted to have memories to take home and look at. At the Dolphin Cay at Atlantis, Paradise Island (Bahamas), you can either get 6 photos for $97 or you can get all of your pictures for $150-$160. We had more than 6 amazing pictures so we bought the whole thing! That was a good deal if you ask me! It is totally up to you but we were able to take home 73 professional pictures for $150 instead of just 6 for $97. The excitement to put them on our wall is insane! Ahhh!
- Make sure to leave behind small jewelry, shades or small accessories. When you arrive at your destination, the workers are going to go over the rules and etc. They highly recommend that you leave behind small jewelry and accessories because you don’t want to lose it in the water or have it taken by the Dolphins. Granted, the Dolphins are trained and are so kind. You will never know and watching a Dolphin snatch your precious jewelry is kind of scary. No Bueno. I noticed a few people were in the water with shades and watches on. To each his own but just make sure you’re being safe than sorry!
- You are in for an experience of a lifetime! I knew going in that we were going to have fun. Sheesh, we had an amazing time! At first, I was super nervous but the Dolphin was so sweet, our trainer was hilarious and caring and we had the time of our lives! I can’t explain how much fun it was. You’ll just have to experience it for yourself! Thank you to The Dolphin Cay at Atlantis for showing us an amazing time. We will never forget our experience and we will definitely do it again in the future!
If you have an interest in Swimming With Dolphins, you HAVE to do it, especially if you have kids! We were able to score a sweet deal with our package because 1) Maddie is 3 and Kids Under 3 are free, 2) Our package through Royal Caribbean included Swimming With Dolphins at Dolphin Cay, All Day access to Aquaventure (The Waterpark) and lunch at any select food stand! I think for what we did and paid, that was a really good deal! I tell people there are so many ways to travel and have fun for cheap. Research is your friend! 🙂
If you would like to see more pictures and our adventures at Atlantis, Paradise Island, click HERE and check it out!